Join Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition on September 13th from 12:00-1:00PM
for this free webinar with Dr. Devra Davis on cell phone radiation and cancer!
Case reports are published documenting how women are developing breast cancer where they carry their phones in their bras. Young women, even with no family history, are developing breast cancer. Cell phones emit microwave radiation; like your microwave oven, but at much lower power.
The World Health Organization International Agency for the Research on Cancer classified cell phone radiation as a Group 2B “possible” carcinogen in 2011 and today- over a decade later- numerous WHO experts recommend an upgraded classification. They say in published papers wireless can cause cancer!
Numerous doctors and breast cancer surgeons recommend keeping your phone out of your bra.
EHT collaborated with the Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition Education to create “Let’s Talk Prevention” educational modules on cell phone radiation for high school, middle school, and elementary students. Go to MBCC Let’s Talk Prevention Classroom Modules and download Module 3 on Cell Phones.
What You Can Do
- Keep your phone away from your body, and especially out of your bra.
- Turn your phone on Airplane Mode with Bluetooth OFF to shut off the radiation.
- Use wired landlines for calls (not cordless).
- Use wired computers for e-mail and Internet browsing.
- Educate yourself on the published research (see below).
- Download and share these infographics with your friends and family.
- Spread the word on social media. Make your bra a #NoPhoneZone!
- The Association Between Smartphone Use and Breast Cancer Risk Among Taiwanese Women: A Case-Control Study
- Electromagnetic field exposure and male breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 18 studies
- Rodrigues NCP, Dode AC, Andrade MKdN, O’Dwyer G, Monteiro DLM, Reis INC, Rodrigues RP, Frossard VC, Lino VTS. The Effect of Continuous Low-Intensity Exposure to Electromagnetic Fields from Radio Base Stations to Cancer Mortality in Brazil. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2021; 18(3):1229. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18031229
- For all cancers and for the specific types investigated (breast, cervix, lung, and esophagus cancers), the higher the exposure to RBS (radio base stations- cell antenna installations) radiofrequency, the higher the median of mortality rate. In capitals where radio base station radiofrequency exposure was higher than 000/antennas-year, the median of the breast cancer mortality rate was 27.33/100,000, while for all cancers, it was 111.68/100,000 (Table 1).
- Multifocal Breast Cancer in Young Women with Prolonged Contact between Their Breasts and Their Cellular Phones
Tiffany was only 21 when she was diagnosed with an unusual breast cancer directly under the place she carried her phone in her bra. She did not know that the manual stated she should keep the phone at a distance from her body.
“I WISH there would have been a warning on the outside of the box for ALL of us to read My daughter may not have to fight for her life if it were!” –Traci Frantz, Tiffany’s mother in a letter to City Councils.
Tiffany Frantz developed metastatic breast cancer after storing the cell phone in her bra for 5 years. The tumors were directly where she kept the phone in her bra. Tiffany passed away Saturday, August 28, 2021 at the young age of 31.
More at https://ehtrust.org/breast-cancer-and-cell-phone-radiation/