What are therapies to reduce chronic stress?
Healing Therapies for Chronic Stress By Dr. Kathy Veon
The stress of all kinds can lead to poor health. Stress can be chronic, such as ongoing mental, emotional or physical stress, or it can be a specific event, such as an illness, a traumatic experience. Poor diet, lack of sleep, lack of exercise, and not enough time outdoors is also a cause of stress. Too much screen time is stressful. Environmental stressors play a significant role in our health.
Often we cannot see, smell or taste the environmental stressors or toxins we are being exposed to on a daily basis. These chronic and toxic exposures can lead to oxidative stress that breaks down our basic metabolic processes so that we cannot heal. Read on to learn more about therapies that can help!!
- Rhodiola rosea
- Holy Basil
- B Vitamins
- Vitamin D + K2
- Fish Oils
- Nitric Oxide Support
- Vitamin C
- Sleep – Optimal sleep allows our bodies to recover from daily stressors. Create a peaceful sleep sanctuary free from electronic devices, light, and noise. Supplemental melatonin may be helpful to restore healthy sleep patterns. Click for an excellent nutrient Sleep Support protocol.
- Gut Health – The foundation of our immune response takes a beating with exposure to environmental toxins such as glyphosates, chemicals, and EMFs. Supporting Gut Health is one of the best things you can do for overall health and wellness.
- Liver Health – Avoid excessive alcohol intake and unnecessary drug and medication use.
- Glutathione – The master antioxidant, created in our healthy liver, protects us from oxidative stress. It is is very protective of lung tissue, and helps to maintain healthy inflammatory responses. Liposomal Glutathione is an excellent source.
- Nitric Oxide – This gasotransmitter is extremely important in the development of the innate immune response to infectious organisms. Nitric Oxide supplementation can be very helpful for preventing and overcoming attacks on the immune system.
- Iodine – Anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, and an excellent mucolytic agent, Iodine is a superstar for today’s world!! Iodine also promotes positive effects on mental performance and resistance to infections. A well-respected doctor and iodine repletion therapy teacher was quoted in the early 2000s as saying that iodine supplementation may be the best and safest preventive measure against bioterrorism. I agree 100% !!
- D3, C, Zinc – These nutrients are very helpful for overall immune function, inflammatory responses, and overcoming viral infections. They are also necessary, along with B vitamins, for the proper production of neurotransmitters and are known to support a healthy mood during stressful times.
Keep Up With Dr Kathy Veon
Dr. Kathy Veon, DAOM, AP, CCN is a graduate of Emperor’s College of Traditional Oriental Medicine in Santa Monica, CA as well as Florida College of Integrative Medicine in Orlando, Florida. She is a board certified Licensed Acupuncturist, Clinical Nutritionist and Doctor of Oriental Medicine and is currently serving as Chairman of the Florida Board of Acupuncture, and Committee Chair of Continuing Education for the International and American Associations of Clinical Nutritionists (IAACN). She holds a private practice in Lake Mary, Florida at Central Florida Preventive Medicine where she specializes in functional medicine, clinical nutrition, acupuncture, herbology, and helping her patients overcome chronic and debilitating illnesses through finding and correcting the root causes of disease.
Our office has numerous services to assist people with achieving a good foundation of health – please visit the services page now to learn more. To learn about the other diseases that our medical office handles – please visit the diseases page now. Furthermore, to learn more about Doctor Kathy Veon now – visit her Linkedin page – just click this link.